Well this has never happened before.
I made a pair of socks, in a pattern and a yarn I absolutely adore, but I am not happy with the socks. I finished these on June 30th, and I’ve been unhappily thinking about them since then.
(Please excuse the lousy photo – I was rushing to submit it for a Sockdown entry.)
I love almost everything about these socks, but I made one big error. I tried to make the eyelets mirror images of one another, so they would cascade from the center down to each foot. Unfortunately, the way the pattern progressed, it made one set of eyelets (at left) very open and well-formed, the way they were intended. The second (at right) are smaller and tighter, more like a squinting aperture than a true eyelet.
I knit the smaller eyelets first, and as I saw the pattern changing on the second sock, I liked it so much that I figured I’d deal with the difference and try to compensate for it with a severe blocking of the first. Nothing doing. If I want these socks to match (and I do), I have to re-knit one of them.
As much as I love knitting socks, three of a kind may be too much for me.