This year I’ve decided to replace my usual flurry of selfish knitting with handmade Christmas gifts.
I’ve made a rather ambitious schedule for myself, and while this is mostly a to-do list, it may inspire you in your own gift-knitting as well:
– for DAD – slip-stitch socks, Cobblestone Pullover, finish Oiled Wool gloves from last year
– for MOM – Baby Cables and Big Ones Too, Odessa hat (yay shiny beads!)
– for my BROTHER – oiled wool Broad Street Mitts, finish his birthday hat
– for a FRIEND – matching hat and fingerless glove set
I may also be able to tack on:
– for my GRANDMOTHER – tabi socks
– for an AUNT – lace picture mats (may do something else instead)
– for our DACHSHUND – a custom-sized cabled dog sweater (kind of a gift for my mom)
– for our KITTIES – catnip-filled mice
For the rest of my family and friends, I think I’m going to go with batches of these cookies, which are insanely delicious, or some other baked treat.
What are your gift plans?